2012年5月6日 星期日

Back to Black (2?)

I may have already used this Amy Winehouse reference -- I cannot remember at the moment, but I just wanted to write a quick post about having my first Caffe Americano today after several months.  I thought I would be on hiatus for several months, perhaps even a year, but things don't always work out as planned, and now I find myself medically able to drink coffee again.  The key term is medically, because I learned today that coffee consumption is a habit, not just an addiction, but a practice that one must keep up in order to savor the flavor and to get through a whole cup (previously, not a problem).

MarshalN and I went to have some sushi, a feeble attempt to raise our spirits, and as we were wending through Langham Place Mall, we discovered a new business called "100 Bites," an upscale cafe run by Honeymoon Dessert, a popular chain for Chinese-style sweet soups or literally "sweet water" (Mandarin: tang shui) and lots of things with mangoes and/or sticky rice.  The business was obviously new.  Only three other couples were present, and the team of ten staff members were still learning how to coordinate their service routine.  I would say that going back after another month or two would be more sensible -- MarshalN had to wait for 15 minutes to see his mini apple crumble with ice cream -- bizarre because the showcase next to the cashier had at least eight of those desserts ready to go.

He kindly ordered me a coffee -- Caffe Americano -- which came out in a medium-sized white mug, brewed dark and rich.  I had a few sips, absorbed the caffeine buzz, but then gave up.  I think the staff will assume that I did not enjoy the coffee, which is not true, but my body was simply not in the mood.

I don't know if I'll go back to coffee as I did before, which would be a pity, losing both a favorite beverage and a hobby, but I'll see how things go...

沒有留言:

張貼留言